WizCast: Podcasts from the Young Wizards Universe

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Better version of "Uptown Local" goes up

DD says: "I've resampled the audio of the original recording to a higher bitrate: there should be some improvement. Please ask people to leave a comment and let us know how it sounds. ...But in future, for readings, we'll use the Really Good Mike and sample pretty high to start with, using the big machine's sound card for recording. (This recording was made on the little Sony digital recorder.) The 'chat and Q&A' podcasts, because they'll be more informal, can stay at the lower bitrate and use the Sony.)"

Comments are now enabled (at least, until the comment-spammers find us...): so please take a moment to let us know how the sound quality seems to you. We'll be doing at least a couple more test recordings to implement our listeners' suggestions within the next couple of weeks.

 
4:24 AM

5 Comments:

Hi! It's Rissa, long-time lurker on your other pages. I have put my login ID and password down, and forgotten which brain cells were storing it, so I'm using the anonymous bit until I stumble across it again. My apologies.

I'm using Windows Media Player with Web RSS Reader -- checked with headphones and with my speakers -- and sound quality is coming out excellently. I can still hear, ever so faintly, a hint of a high-pitched background noise that is probably a fan or the recording equipment itself; but I suspect I'm the only one who does hear it, even among folks using headphones with the volume jacked up. Every once in a while there's a little bit of twang to the middle of a word, but that could well be my system rather than your recording, and again, not really noticeable.
I'm listening through iTunes and the sound is excellent. As Rissa said, there's an occasional blip, like call waiting but it's not coming so often I'm annoyed. Good job, and happy to have these podcasts.
I had some trouble getting the second version after the first, but yes, it does sound better to me (using iTunes).

What a short comment :) .
Just wondering if Darth Vader really does exist a few universes over... and if Dairine will ever go off and find him. Or has her opinion changed since the new movies? :)
Here is a cleaned up version in m4b (Apple AudioBook) format:
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/76939873/file.html

P.S. Can't wait to get my hands on the next audiobook in the series.

Add a comment